Monday, December 16, 2013

It's always sunny in...

 
 
Well, not in Nutter Fort West Virginia.
It's Monday, and right now I am usually on my way to the gym.
Austin said to wait until 10:00 though to see if the ice melts a bit. It's snowing once again. It's beautiful, that's no question, but it rained yesterday...so under this beautiful snow is ice.
 
This weekend I officially finished wrapping all the presents.
I love Christmas. I am so excited for the day to come. Luckily, Owen doesn't mess with the tree or the presents. I have a pretty awesome kid!
 
 

 
 
I also went and got my nails done for the winter.
I mean, how will anyone know what season it is unless we put it on our fingernails?
Getting my nails done is also my monthly me time.
Yes, I go to the gym and have a good seventy-five minutes alone.
Yes, I enjoy being a stay at home mom and wouldn't trade it for anything, but sometimes we all need alone time. 
 
Pinterest mom.
I was that mom this weekend.
I always find awesome things on Pinterest to do, and somehow they never turn out.
This time though...well I was proud of myself!
Owen and I made the salt dough ornament with his hand on it.
He is all boy too! He kept squishing the dough and telling me, 'good job'.
 
 
 
Austin had to work a lot this weekend, so we weren't able to do much together.
I am so proud of him.
He has been eating clean, and drinking only water and is already down 10 pounds!
I need to get on his level! 
 
My weekend wasn't very exciting, I know.
Hopefully, the weeks to come will be better.
A lot goes on in my life, but at the same time I can't post everything in fear someone will get butt hurt.
 
On another note, December 13, marked a very important date for my brother and sister in law(Austins older brother).
Natalie and Miles got married in January 2010, and I was lucky enough to witness it.
Through out the past three years, Natalie has wanted nothing more then to be a mother, and I have always thought she would be a wonderful mother, even with our ups and downs, the love she has for children is unreal!
So, after trying to conceive the past couple years, they decided on adoption.
With help from the church as well as Gods guidance, they were able to connect with an Agency.
This summer, they got the phone call that a girl and her family had picked Natalie and Miles to be the parents of her unborn baby.
Everyone was overjoyed, but with adoption comes the chance of them saying, 'just kidding'.
December 13, 2013 Asher officially became a MONTGOMERY!
He has been with them since June, but legal reasons you must wait so long before the state will recognize the child as your own.
Now he is.
Adoption touches me deeply, as Korey and I were both adopted(under different circumstances of course).
I get so excited hearing Natalie talk about baby Asher, and the love she has for him.
I am so happy that she is able to share something so wonderful with me.
As our children grow, we can talk about it and laugh.
Make fun of them, love them, kiss the owies.
 
I just feel like often people don't step back to enjoy the view.
Always know, bigger plans are made for you.
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment