Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday, my second favorite 'F' word

Father being my first.

I have certainly been blessed with finding the most amazing man to be my husband, and Owens father.

You see, Austin is everything a father should be. He reminds me so much of mine, which is good in a way, because my father showed me what it's like when you love your wife and children. He set the bar high for anyone I would ever want to marry and have children with.

Austin leaped over that bar. He is better then any expectations I set. He is hard working, supportive, lovable, personable, charming, handsome, respectful, and makes some pretty babies.

Today, he is flying to Philly for a doctor's appointment.
You see its been three years since Austin was burnt.
Three years, our life changed.
Three years, we thought we would lose Austin.
Though the scars(emotional and physical)still remain, he is still the best man for me.

As he is on his flight, I sit here an think to myself...
Does he know how much we appreciate him?
Does he know how much we love him?
Do I take him for granted?
Do I ever show lack of appreciation?

Today, I want to take a long look at myself and who I have become and figure out, am I the best wife I could be to him?
Could I do better?
Nag less?
Love more?
Watch football instead of gLee?
Let him drink out of the milk jug more.

We take life for granted way to much.
In a second it could be over.
Three years ago it almost was.
Have I done everything I can to live our life to the fullest since?

No, but all I can do is change that today and move forward.

Austin works all day, comes home and immediately is in a better mood when he sees us. He wrestles with Owen, loves on me, helps with whatever I am doing, and watches what I want. He leaves everything outside the door and comes in ready to go.

I couldn't be happier, and often I don't show that.

Today, I am thankful for fathers.
Today, I am especially thankful for Owens and Brylees father.

No comments:

Post a Comment