Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday, a letter to my son.

Friday, what better way to end my semi crappy week then with a letter to my sweet boy.
The reason I keep my head high and move forward, a true blessing.
Dear Owen,
Hello sweet boy! One day I can look back and share this with you.
You are two right now, and you are extremely smart! This morning at the gym, the child care teacher said, "I don't have a little boy, but if I did I would want him to be like Owen! He is so smart and has such a vivid imagination. " Talk about a way to make your mommies head big! Of course your dad and I know you are brilliant, but when others see it, my heart melts.
Right now, your imagination is wild and crazy! You are a sponge! Somehow you learned the phrase, 'I'm sexy' I don't know if I should correct this or just laugh.
You are counting and singing, and love to read the Bible that Aunt Nat and Uncle Miles got you.
You had your first experience with snow and loved it! I love being able to stay home with you and watch you grow. You love being up here with your daddy, I am so happy we made this move.
As a mother, my instinct is to protect you...teach you right from wrong.
This week I have learned a lot about right and wrong. How to turn your cheek to others, but also how to stand up for yourself. I pray that the world we live in will change for the better. I never want you to have to feel pain from another person, nor do I ever want you to be the person hurting another. I want you to be the person who stands up for others, follow your dreams and let them take you to places you only imagine.
Your father is such a great example of a true man and husband, I am so blessed that he will be your guide in what you should strive to be for your future wife.
Always know how much we love you. Know that all we do, we do for you. I look forward to watching you plays sports, bringing home your first report card, and following the right path.
If you play football or sing in the choir, I always want you to be the best 'you' that you can be. Never let someone stomp on your dreams or tell you that you are not good enough.
You are your own person, you are a strong minded little boy, and you will go far with whatever you decide to do.
I like you forever, I will love you for always,
Your mommy.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment